Sunday, July 29, 2012

Confessions.

I hate being the center of attention.  I always have and always will.  I guess that's one of the reasons why I didn't want to keep a personal blog.  It makes me feel uncomfortable.

But, in an effort to continue my love of writing, a blog will suffice for a time.  So, whether you've known me for years or just a few months, here are my confessions in an effort to help you know the real me.

I don't do boxes.  Not like packing boxes, but the imaginary ones that are often placed around you by yourself or others in an effort to meet unspoken expectations, goals, schedules, etc.  I'm happiest being me.

I love painted nails.

For some reason, I am usually more entertained by a tree, a bug or even a wall than I am by the television.  I do love movies though.

I find so much join in creating a delicious meal for guests in our home (although it's not usually pretty)  or by scrubbing my bathroom.

Since becoming a stay at home mom, I have one daily goal: to leave the house once a day.  Some days I succeed, others I don't.

Most days I try on at least 4 outfits before picking the one I'm going to wear.

I love a clean kitchen sink.  If my house looks like a tornado blew through it, I will always start at my sink.

I was so proud of myself when I graduated college.  School never came smoothly for me.  It seemed I often had to work harder and pray longer than many of my classmates to achieve good grades, but I did it.

The fastest ways to my heart is a foot rub followed by chocolate.

When I get out of the shower, the tag on the towel has to be in the bottom right corner.

I have gotten much better, but typically I prefer the different foods on my plate not to touch.

I wish I had skills like they list on any "get-to-know-you" thing.   It seems every time I read one, the list I see includes: concert pianist, seamstress, master gardener, gourmet chef, speed reader, artist, professional ballerina and opera singer.  If I could change it, I would include items like: capable of cooking a meal, mowing a lawn, talking to a stranger, looking for the good in a tough situation, keeping my son alive and having a good time.

I love being a mother.

And...

I am madly in love with the man of my dreams.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post!! I also love painted nails. I'm trying to quit biting mine so they actually look good painted, and every week I go without biting them at all, I get a new nail polish. I love it!!! We're so grateful for having had the chance to get to know you while you were close by!!! Hope all is well!! -Tenille and Jackson

    ReplyDelete